What can we learn
from the Genealogy?
- It gives us the line from Adam from which Jesus will come Luke 3:23-38
- Remember Ruth (i.e. the book of Ruth and great grandmother of King
David), she was a Moabitess. What is a Moabitess? She was from the people
decending from Moab. So who is Moab? He was the illegitate son of Lot,
- In Ezekiel a reference is made to Gog and Magog. These are places
settled by these people. If we look at Noah's son Japhet, we find that
these were two of his sons.
- As you can see, the geneology branches many times. But only one branch
is followed all the way through. That is the branch to Jesus. This is
a testamony of His foreknowlege and plan. That we might believe in Jesus
Christ and receive eternal life.
- You probably will discover much more. GOD has given us this Geneology
for this reason.